7.23.2013

MangiaMore: chocolate chip BANANA oatmeal cookies

RER 7.19.13
Yup, it is another one of those recipes especially using those tired looking, smushy bananas (like this one and this one ) Somehow it seems there are never enough recipes for the brown over ripe bananas, and we always fall into a rut. This recipe was an effort to break the rut, but will now be added to the rotation, until bravery creeps up again and we try something new.  After I came home from a large chicken parm dinner, my sister announced that she was going to make chocolate chip banana oatmeal cookies, and I was going to help. Nice and easy recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff for nice and easy cookies.

RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
Overall, I like the cookies. The loose cookie dough was delicious. The cookies have a variety of textures created by the dry and chewy oats, the almost melty chocolate chips and the pure moisture added by the bananas. Although there are bananas in there, these cookies do not scream "banana," and that flavor is more prevalent the next day. In fact, I enjoyed the cookies far better the following morning for my pre-workout breakfast (counter-intuitive, I know). They were fluffy and almost like stiff muffin tops, airy and bready, perfect with a  cup of strong coffee (but not so perfect with the cottage cheese I had with them before the gym). Though, I am in the market for a butter-less cookie, any recipe recommendations?

RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
RER 7.19.13
Hope you take a little look at the foodie venture facebook page... I put enticing recipes up there all day long, wishing, hoping... praying someone will make the goodies for me. Hope you like it to follow the food I see.
RER
7.19.13
RER 7.19.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...