5.21.2014

re.CAP: mother's day CAKE

RER 5.11.14
Mother’s Day, the second Sunday of May, this year came and went. No, I did not do any of these kid friendly DIY gifts for mum, though I probably did fantasize about making each and every one, especially those tea bags and glitter mugs. My sister and I did a very different DIY to celebrate our mothers while fulfilling a silly cake craving at the same time. We made a super scrumptious banana cake with chocolate frosting that disappeared far too fast.
RER 5.11.14
RER 5.11.14

RER 5.11.14
RER 5.11.14
I used this banana cake recipe with a few adjustments. I added just a little bit of dark rum to the batter for an adult twist, and poured just a touch of Kahlua for extra delicious decadence in the chocolate frosting. There’s nothing like moist banana cake with super sexy frosting to top it off. This time, my only tragic downfall was not enough frosting on the cake. Good thing my heavy hand made a whole lot of extras for new slices of cake (or pretzels).
RER 5.11.14
RER 5.11.14
RER 5.11.14
RER 5.11.14
What did you do for Mother’s Day? A fun prix fixe brunch with bottomless mimosas? A down and dirty breakfast in bed? Let me guess…you made fancy DIY macaroni necklaces!
RER
5.11.14
RER 5.11.14

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...