6.16.2014

MangiaMore: father's day RICE PUDDING

-->
RER 6.15.14
Yesterday was Father’s Day, the day we celebrate our fathers by doing things he likes best. My poor old dad had to work (and edit) so I decided, almost on a whim (okay, this might have been a little premeditated as we did have Chinese food earlier in the week) to make some classic rice pudding. As of late, I have been using my boyfriend’s family’s recipe, but because this was for my Daddio, I dug deep and used the recipe he likes better. And because I love him so much, I used raisins (no one really likes raisins in my house; my mother and sister abhor them).
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.1
RER 6.15.14

Rice Pudding
½ uncooked rice
1 cup of water for cooking rice
¼ teaspoon salt for rice

2 large eggs or 4 egg yolks
½ cup white sugar
½ cup raisins (or whichever dried fruits suit)
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ cups milk
Cinnamon

Prepare rice as directed on package.

In ungreased 1 ½ quart casserole, beat eggs. Stir in sugar, raisins, vanilla and milk and mix in rice. Sprinkle cinnamon on top of mixture. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes in 325 degree oven, stirring every 15 minutes. Pudding is done when top of pudding is very wet and not set. Stir well and let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or chilled.

Please note: If using precooked rice, cook the pudding for five extra minutes.
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.14
RER 6.15.14


-->
Did you make or eat anything delicious for Father’s Day? I want to hear all about it! Also, don’t forget to check out foodie ventures on facebook, instagram, twitter, yelp and pintrest!

RER
6.15.14
RER 6.15.14

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...