6.03.2013

not just nourishment: YELP event

 
RER 6.1.13
It was hot, super hot, like we were all under a blanket, hot. There was a little breeze, but just enough to push the hot air around, like a gentle exhale. --> All my senses were dulled, tired from combating the abrupt weather. But there was booming music, loads of laughter, tremendous chatting, and a lot of food and drinks going around. Plenty of stimulation to keep me going in Saturday's unruly heat and the tail end of a nasty cold. 

Either way, I wanted to have a good time at this yelp community event. At the luxurious Madox apartment building in the Paulus Hook area of Jersey City, yelp entertained its reviewers with tasty treats from local restaurants. There were also almost cold beverages from breweries and distilleries, like Tito’s Vodka, Climax Brewing, SenorSangria, East Coast Beer Co. and New Jersey Beer Co. In the court yard, lounging on fake grass, or sitting precariously on benches, yelpers tasted goodies from Matt & Meera, Big Easy, Carlo’s Bakery, Empanada Mania, Markers and Iron Monkey. Up on the furnished rooftop with gorgeous views, we enjoyed bites from Casa Lupita, Golden Krust and White Star at Harbor. Some of my favorites were there (ahem, Carlo’s cannolis and red velvet; and Senor Sangria)!

I am not going to lie, my taste buds were hardly in action, let alone effective. I ate with my eyes on Saturday (take a peek at the last community event I went to at Mana Contemporary in Jersey City). Eat up the visual feast.

RER 6.1.13

RER 6.1.13

JAR 6.1.13

RER 6.1.13

RER 6.1.13

RER 6.1.13
I am super excited for the next community event. If you are not a yelper, you should really sign up and start putting reviews out there. Yelp is such a great tool for figuring out where to go and eat, or even where to get your hair done, or which movie theater to head to. Check out my yelp reviews, I always have something to say about where I am eating and hanging out.
RER
6.1.13
RER 6.1.13

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Did you happen to get any shots of our Tacos or Flautas? We would love to put them on our Facebook and other social nets! Thanks,
    --Casa Lupita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I did not. But I can come by sometime and take photos for you. Just send me an email at foodiventures@gmail.com and we can set something up!
    Hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

food for thought...