2.04.2015

MangiaMore: SNICKERDOODLES

-->
RER 2.4.15
I am always on a quest for a delicious cookie (like really, who isn’t?), but this time I was craving snickerdoodles. You know like those soft Mrs. Fields cookies that you used to get on winter days during long shopping excursions at the mall. I was dying for that feeling.
RER 2.4.15

RER 2.3.15
Of course when I googled “soft and chewy snickerdoodles” a recipe from Averie Cooks pops up (This happened to me before when I was trying to finish up some leftover pumpkin puree!). I stumbled on her post on The Best Snickerdoodles, and after comparing it with a few other recipes, I decided to ditch the other ones and trust Averie.
RER 2.3.15

These were easy to throw together, though, the worst part was waiting “at least one hour” for the little balls of goodness to firm up in the fridge. A tumble in the prepared cinnamon sugar, made these cookies what they are: snickerdoodles.
RER 2.3.15

Of course right, out of the oven, I dusted the cookies with even more of the cinnamon sugar, allowing it to seep into the warm cookie and connect with the almost under-baked center. That extra oomph took these cookies over the top. There’s no such thing as too much cinnamon sugar, amiright?
RER 2.3.15

Once the beauts baked and cooled, they lost most of the fluff advertised in the recipe. But they were still chewy, soft, and mind-blowing. The dynamic duo of brown and white sugars added layers of sweetness and helped to create that pliable texture. And that extra cinnamon sugar coating made these cookies the things of dreams.
RER 2.3.15
I got exactly what I was looking for. Too bad only one batch (about 16 cookies) is not enough!
--> What’s your favorite cookie recipe? Are these sweet and spicy cookies in your repertoire? Would love to hear from you and try out those tasty recipes!
RER 2.3.15

Follow on facebook, instagram, twitter, and yelp to keep up with all the pretty eats, big bites, and more.
RER
2.3.15
RER 2.3.15


No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...