12.18.2014

MangiaMore: PUMPKIN snickerdoodle blondies


RER 12.18.14
Once again I turned to Averie Cooks as the pumpkin master. After using her recipe just last week for Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread, I had a ton of pumpkin puree left over. Apparently I used a giant can for a small job.
RER 12.17.14
RER 12.17.14
After Googling “things to do with leftover canned pumpkin puree” in various iterations, I was back to Averie Cooks and dreaming of these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Blondies. I love blondies (like these and these), so these seemed like the right fit.
RER 12.18.14
RER 12.17.14
RER 12.17.14
This variety has a simple blondie recipe with a generous amount of melted butter, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice, but what makes them so special is the cinnamon sugar topping. Once topped, those pumpkiny treats are ready to bake and become even more delicious.
RER 12.17.14
RER 12.17.14
A liberal sprinkling of three tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of spicy cinnamon produced a dusty sweet layer on top of the cooked bar cookies. The texture of the crunchy dry cinnamon sugar was in stark contrast of the creamy and fudgy innards. Initially, the cinnamon was too strong, but I am hoping after time, the moisture of the blondies will absorb the flavors, deepening the complexity of the dense pumpkin base.
RER 12.17.14
RER 12.17.14
RER 12.17.14
Despite whipping up these pretty late fall blondies, I still have a ton of pureed pumpkin left. What to do next? No, really, what should I make next? I need your help!
RER
12.17.14
RER 12.17.14


No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...