7.21.2014

MangiaMore: BANANA blondies

-->
RER 7.15.14
It's becoming abundantly clear why I cannot lose a pound. Not one. Not a single one. I can’t stop baking!

You know the expression, “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels”? Like, I really can’t agree with it. I can think of  a zillion billion things that taste way better than how I imagine skinny would feel (I can only imagine friends… I know what strong and healthy feel like, but not ‘skinny’ per se).
RER 7.15.14
RER 7.14.14
-->
These banana blondies just happen to be one of those delightful things that might just outweigh thin. Cookies and Cups is making it impossible for me to drop any weight and achieve that “tasty” skinniness.
RER 7.14.14
RER 7.14.14
First of all, I would not describe these as blondies. They’re something more like a moist flavorful cake with a healthy smear of delish brown sugar frosting. They were buttery and dense, like a blondie, but they didn’t have that cookie-like crumble; they were just smooth and bouncy like this banana cake.
RER 7.15.14
RER 7.14.14
-->Secondly, if there is an option of browning your butter instead of using plain-old butter, always, always go the browned butter route. Just the smell of browned butter is lusty—sensual, seductive and sonorous. It makes everything ten times more scrumptious and infinitely amplifies sex appeal.
RER 7.14.14
RER 7.14.14
-->C: This frosting was a jaw dropping. So wonderful, I wanted to take some off of the blondies to eat with other goodies. The luscious icing had some sugar heating involved like the frosting of my caramel cake and the deep yumminess of browned sugar like the pear cake but somehow, it outshone both and was utterly mouth-watering perfection. There are no words.
RER 7.14.14
RER 7.15.14
RER 7.14.14

-->
Finally, the combination of the cakey base and the smooth and creamy caramelized brown sugar frosting was practically out of control. Like ridiculously, wildly, disgustingly delicious. Every bite (I cut the blondies into tiny tiny itty bitty square, aka bites) was like heaven. The banana flavor was just strong enough to linger on the tongue and waft delicately into hearts. The frosting sealed in the moistness with a rich and creamy caramel note, pulling out the beautiful moments of browned butter in the bar. And with these powers combined, the banana blondies were practically invincible.

I think this is what skinny feels like…
RER
7.14.14
RER 7.15.14




No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...