12.12.2014

MangiaMore: cream cheese-filled PUMPKIN bread


RER 12.11.14
There is something truly seductive about the smells of late fall. The cinnamon, the ginger, the allspice and the cloves— all the spicy and sweet flavors that make you warm on those chilly days…
RER 12.10.14
And it’s been mighty cold and unpleasant these past few days. So, to warm up and cheer up, I had to bake something that evoked all those toasty feelings.
RER 12.11.14
RER 12.10.14
RER 12.10.14
The answer was pumpkin bread. After getting the recipe recco from my sister’s friend, I headed to Averie Cooks for her Cream Cheese- Filled Pumpkin Bread. It looked divine. I was so ready…
RER 12.10.14
Well almost. The night before on almost daily grocery store run, I decided to forgo the purchase of pumpkin pie spice despite the fact that this ethereal recipe called for it. Listen, it was $7.99 for a tiny tiny jar of the stuff, and I knew I had the ingredients to concoct a batch of my own. Betty Crocker once again helped me out with a recipe for my “cheap-o” Pumpkin Pie Spice.
RER 12.10.14
RER 12.10.14
The pumpkin bread was extremely easy and quick to put together. My cream cheese “filling” was more like a swirl (something about it was too liquidy and the pumpkiny batter was much more dense). This created a pretty ribbon of color throughout the cake and some sticky cheesy goodness at the top.
RER 12.10.14
RER 12.10.14
RER 12.10.14
RER 12.11.14
Despite its imperfections, the pumpkin bread was exactly what I was looking for. It was spicy and sweet, dense and moist, comforting. Biting into the bread was kind of like getting a hug from your old friend, soft, inviting and familiar. This was the perfect warm up for the coming Christmas Cookie Bake-A-Thon!
RER
12.10.14
RER 12.11.14

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...