3.07.2014

MangiaMore: RED velvet sandwich cookies


RER 3.6.14
Sometimes we cheat, and sometimes it’s worth it. Yesterday, I needed a little pick-me-up, something to do and something to distract. I’ve been a little busy with other things, things other than food, unfortunately. There hasn’t been much food lately that has inspired me, or any recipes that I really wanted to make, or even a restaurant I wanted to try. The only thing edible that I have been constantly thinking about were these silly red velvet sandwich cookies pictured on the back of the Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake mix box. It has been in my peripheral vision since I prepped for Food Fun Valentine’s Day cupcakes. But, yesterday was the day I made them. Found the recipe using the cake mix, added an egg, melted butter and vanilla. The recipe calls for a can of Duncan Hines frosting, but I made my own quick cream cheese butter cream. They turned out super sweet and pretty to look at, a little more chocolaty than I would have thought, but deffo worth the cheat (for the moment).
RER 3.6.14

RER 3.6.14
RER 3.6.14
RER 3.6.14

RER 3.6.14

RER 3.6.14
We want to hear from you! Follow on facebook, twitter, instagram, and yelp for updates and goodies.
 RER
3.7.14
RER 3.6.14
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...