7.14.2014

MangiaMore: a tale of TWO cookies


RER 6.25.14
When my sister said she wanted cookies, I had to deliver (plus I enjoy cookies). We make the most cookies around Christmas with sporadic batches all year round. But as much as I love cookies, mine are never as perfect as I hope they would be. They end up misshapen, over-cooked, under-cooked, too this and not enough that, never the consummate cookie that I would eagerly overindulge in.
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
My sister, with her excellent taste and desire for fun sweet thangs, picked out these Salty Ritz Cracker Oatmeal Cookies (!!!) from Cookies and Cups. There was no way I could not make them. I ran into these Hi Hat Chocolate Cookies on the sweets blog and was totally crushing on the chocolate chocolate chip cookies underneath the seductive buttercream and chocolate shell. So I decided to make both. Boom!
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
And it was awesome. Not only did they look like beautiful perfect cookies, they tasted like the bomb.com. Like so awesome that I had to eat one of each every time, because there was no possible way to decide which I preferred. What I really would have preferred was every single one of them in my belly, but I did share (kinda). 
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
The Ritz Cracker Oatmeal cookies were buttery and moist, sweet and salty. The balance was impeccable with a melody of textures—chewy oats and creamy white chocolate chips. Crunchy salt crystals, cracker bits with one of those insanely sweet chips made for the perfect bite. My mouth is watering for these magic goodies.
RER 6.26.14
RER 6.25.14
And the chocolate cookies were just as divine, maybe my best-baked batch of cookies like ever. I used 2/3 cup white chocolate chip and the remaining third was regular chocolate chips as I don’t like too too much chocolate. Just enough sweet to counter the bitter cocoa while keeping the luxury. I really want some of these right about now too.
RER 6.25.14
RER 6.25.14
There is no way to choose which I loved more because they were so different. Other than being absolutely delicious, the only thing these two cookies had in common was their affinity for milk.
RER
6.25.14
RER 6.25.14

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...