1.02.2015

BEST of 2014


As I said in my metaphorical toast— it’s been a delicious year. So many foodie ventures! I’ve indulged in yummy things on the East and West Coast (sweet and savory). I baked, sampled, tasted, ate, and gorged on so many delightful eats. But here are my Best of 2014!


New Recipe
Let’s face it—I like to try out new recipes especially when it comes to baked goods. These are the recipes that really took the cake this year!








Bite
I had a lot of bites this year, like a lot. Between Taste of Tribeca, Taste of Hope and all the other chowing down I do, there was no shortage tasty bites, but these were my faves.


Sugar Couture


Little Collins

 
Drinks
Even though apparently I sampled a whole bunch of flavorful libations this year, one spot had my favorite sips.




Appetizers
Appetizers can sometimes really steal the show. The starters at these restaurants made for delectable beginnings.






Brunch
As that in-between time, brunch menus can offer the sweet and savory stuffs of both breakfast and lunch. This year however, my taste-buds danced for savory brunchy dishes.


Park & Sixth Gastropub


The Bistro at Grove Square


Dessert
Dessert is my most favorite time of day. Love salty, but I have a weakness for sweet thangs, and this year, these two desserts really satisfied my sweet tooth.


Bareburger Hoboken


La Nonna


Dish
It’s practically impossible for me to pinpoint the best dish I devoured in 2014, as there were so many extremely delicious, covetable and dreamy eats.  But I stumbled on this one as something I thoroughly enjoyed this year.


Battello


Most Memorable Meal
It’s hard to say what makes a meal memorable. Is it the delicious dishes, the fresh ingredients, the agreeable atmosphere and service? Or is it the sheer thrill of caloric ingestion? There is one place that comes to mind that most definitely checks all of the boxes for my most memorable meal in 2014.



Can’t wait to see what tasty things are to come in 2015!! Don’t forget to follow along on facebook, instagram, twitter, and yelp!
RER
1.2.15

No comments:

Post a Comment

food for thought...